Do I blog what I learn or learn just to blog?
Do I love others or just love so that others will love me?
Do I really understand when people feel called to "stay" or am I just jealous and bitter?
Do I love serving others or just love being called a servant?
Do I really love the unlovable or just talk like I do?
Does my heart truly break for the child prostitutes or is it just a cool bandwagon for me to jump on?
Am I genuine or am I a fake who spends most of her time judging others?
Do I honestly care about "every tongue, tribe & nation before the Throne of God" or do I just like sounding spiritual?
Do I actively forgive people or do I just let enough time go by til the hurt doesn't sting as bad?
Do I live as if God is my judge or as though other people are?
Do I really pray for people or just say that I do?
Do I repent because I am sorry or because I'm scared?
Do I live as though money belongs to and comes from God or do I live as though I am the one who's entitled to it?
Do I really like diversity and people who are different than me? If so, then why do all my friends look and act like me?
Is Steven my husband or my god?
Do I want what's best for others or really what's best for myself?
Do I live a life full of faith, love and grace or is it filled with doubt, hate and grudges?
Do I really think God is in control or do I plan and live my life as if I'm calling the shots?
Do I really know God or just settle for a casual relationship?
Do I talk a big talk but don't really walk the walk?
Search me, O God, and know my heart. Try me and know my thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me to the way everlasting.
Psalm 139:23-24
These are my thoughts and my prayer for today.
Sometimes it isnt easy to see ourselves in the glaring light that exposes our "humanness." Exactly why we need God in our lives.
ReplyDelete