I'm usually long-winded, as if you couldn't already tell. I won't be today. Scout's honor. Just give me 15 minutes of your time.
Most days, I don't think I have 15 minutes. I go from one thing to another, activity to activity, meal to meal. And I do it without much thought. Pretty soon the week is over and it's on to the next. Before I know it, a year has ended and a new one has begun.
I move way too fast through life.
Sometimes, at the end of the day, I ask myself..."Lauren, what did you do today that effects eternity?" Most of the time the answer is nothing. I was too busy to even think about it.
So I shoot lower. "Lauren, what did you think about today? Important things that will challenge, mold and change you? Or did your mind search for things that merely entertain, but lack eternal significance?
I could go on...but I promised to keep it short.
So, just give me 15 minutes. No, give yourself 15 minutes. 15 minutes to stop. And think. About what is really important in this thing called life.
Who knows, maybe 15 minutes could change you. Maybe it could change...everything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment