But alas, I haven't blogged in over a month! And even though it was partially due to laziness, it was mostly because life's been pretty calm around these parts lately. And for that I am so very thankful. After the roller coaster ride of what was going on with my grandpa, God so graciously gave me a little breather. (insert contented sigh)
So here's to looking back on this month with a thankful heart, seeing all the ways God has given me bits of joy. As a self-proclaimed "happy-bouncy-one", I'm about to give you a good dose of some happy bounciness :) And while that may sound a bit annoying or overly dramatic, just trust me. It's good for the soul.
This month, I've been happy bouncy because...
of this guy.
And yes, he always usually makes me happy. (Sorry Stevo, had to be honest there. I mean there are just some times you makes me quite angry!) But seriously, with each passing month, I really do fall deeper in love with this boy. While he was away on a business trip to Bangkok last week, I gained a newfound appreciation for all that he does for me and all that he adds to my life. So many times I wonder how I tricked him into marrying me. He's seriously way too good for me. Babe, you put the bounce in my bounciness. (You can all imagine Steven rolling his eyes right about now, can't you?)
This month, I've been happy bouncy because...
my mom and dad booked their tickets to Thailand!
If it was still acceptable to raise the roof, Stevo would definitely see me doing a little "raise the roof dance" all around the house. Words cannot express how excited I am to have them here. With the holidays approaching, there's been an ache in my heart to be home...to which I will not expand upon because this is not the time nor place! So, when my parents decided to go ahead and book their tickets to come for the first 2 weeks in February, I was ecstatic! Knowing I'll see them a month after Christmas makes spending the holidays away from family a bit more bearable. I am so, so, so thankful that they are making the effort to travel all this way to spend some time with us. Seeing their itinerary arrive in my email was definitely a happy moment for this girl.
so many random people have sent encouragement our way.
Even as I'm writing this, two childhood friends just sent me facebook messages. People I haven't seen or talked to in ages, just writing to say that they've been thinking and praying for Steven and I. I'm blown away. My best friend from high school, taking the time to write me a hand written note and send me a picture of her adorable baby. It made my day. Friends from home that are always making an effort to Skype with us, send us care packages and find unique ways to love us. It makes us feel pursued and not forgotten. My brother sending me videos of Leila, along with random ones of him singing to himself in the car. A little weird, but they're always a guaranteed laugh. Most people don't take the time to keep in touch or send a little note when they're thinking of someone. So to be overwhelmed with little reminders of people's love is so appreciated and life-giving. Thanks friends.
This month, I've been happy bouncy because...
I've gotten to cook, laugh and hang out with Pawn and her daughter.
With Thai school being on a break, Pawn has brought her daughter, Mind, with her to work. And boy, is she cute. Just look at that face! Mind has always been incredibly shy with us, but I think we've made some good progress this month. We went out for a pizza dinner, cooked together and had a few good laughs with one another. Just a couple days ago, we were both sitting on the counter stirring cookie dough talking about how much we love chocolate. I savored the moment and thanked God for His sweet blessing.
Steven and I have been able to take advantage of our cute little porch! We bought the table and chairs at a garage sale awhile back, but it's been too hot to sit out there. Until... this past month where the weather has finally begun to cool down and the nights always bring a light breeze :) This is quickly becoming my favorite spot in our home. Thank you Lord for the cooler weather, a shady nook to sit and read, and the perfect place for a quiet dinner.
This month, I've been happy bouncy because...
these guys just applied with GEI.
This month, I've been happy bouncy because...
Uuai Pawn Bakery is officially up and running.
This month marks our second month of delivering bagels around Chiang Mai. Pawn has not only been busy with many orders each week, but we now have an original logo, flyer and business card! (Thanks to a friend of Steven's who did all the design work for us for free!) It's been really fun to see Pawn take ownership of the business. She's buying all the ingredients, learning how to keep a ledger, putting money aside to expand the business and delivering the bagels on her own. We're so proud of her.
It may not seem like a long time, but wow. It's a big accomplishment for the Sauders. I think Steven would say learning Thai has been one of the most challenging things he's ever had to do. I am so proud of his determination and how he never complains about all the studying. It's been interesting watching him grow through this process. He's one of the most capable and talented people I know, so to watch him stumble around and have to trust God in a new way has been remarkable. And while we still have a looooong way to go, we are encouraged by the great progress we have made. All glory to God!
Just last week, Grandpa was released from the hospital and rehab center. I really can't believe it. Last month the doctors were breaking the news to my grandma that he would probably never live at home again. And now, he's home! It's a miracle really. There's not much to say other than I am really thankful and proud of both him and my grandma. My grandpa has fought hard to get better and my grandma has patiently and lovingly been his encourager. It's been a hard, stressful, and rocky couple of months but they continue to fight to support and love one another. I'm so blessed to know them.
And last but not least...
This month, I've been happy bouncy because...
And last but not least...
This month, I've been happy bouncy because...
Doug did this.
Which makes me officially, without a doubt, the better looking one. Enough said.











Yep, I officially LAUGHED OUT LOUD at that last entry!!!
ReplyDelete(I liked the rest of it too!!)
You guys rock.
ReplyDeleteAwh!! That was so fun to read. There were a couple of times that i wanted to cry (like reading about the business and Pawn) but it was just so happy that I couldn't ;)!!!
ReplyDeleteLoved this entry , great way to catch up with what's going on in your lives!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou are adorable and I love how "happy-bouncy" you ALWAYS are!!!! XOXO
ReplyDelete